I could biscotti every day. Yeah, I just used biscotti as a verb. You can verb any word. See what I did there. But, in my humble opinion, the best words to verb are food words.
“Yo, guacamole dat.”
I think you get the point. Food is always the best choice. Anyways, back to biscotti teehee.
As I wrote in a previous blog post, biscotti are the perfect sweet snack because there’s very little added fat. Plus, they’re super crispy and perfect for dunking and i luv dunkin. These biscotti are citrus flavored, clementine-y to be exact. (Tbt to when you accidentally eat all the oranges for breakfast and throw away the peels and then are forced to use clementines for the recipe). They’re called orange cream because of the vanilla. The vanilla and orange create a flavor like those orange creamsicles you
used to eat.
Recipe: (Makes 12 mini biscotti)
1 vanilla bean
1/4 tsp orange extract
1 tsp clementine or orange zest
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup packed vanilla sugar*
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Whisk egg, inside of 1 vanilla bean, orange extract, and zest in a small bowl
- Mix together flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt in a large bowl
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture and mix until uniform (don’t overmix!)
- Form the dough into a flat loaf shape (3 inches wide and about 1/2 inch high)
- Bake for 30 minutes at 300F
- Then reduce oven temperature to 275 and bake for 10 min
- Lastly, increase the oven temperature to 325 and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden-brown
- Transfer to a wire rack
- Biscotti will crisp up when cool!
*You can substitute regular sugar for the vanilla sugar (but to make vanilla sugar, stick the leftover bean after scraping out the seeds in a jar with granulated sugar)
Hope you guys love this recipe 🙂